Hey everyone, hope you’re having a great weekend!! During the summer, I tend to get very lazy as far as fashion and makeup go, but I’ve noticed that I feel less confident when I’m dressed in leggings and a T-shirt with no makeup on. So I set out to make sure that I can still look glam despite the fact that I’m just wearing a T-shirt, and lo and behold, I rocked it the other night for a night in with my girls! Who says you have to wear sweatpants for a night in?! Here’s my outfit of the day, and stay tuned for some of my tips on how to amp up your tee!!
Where You Can Get It
Take Your Tee From Drab to Glam
Here’s some celeb and street style inspiration before I give my tips:
- Go monochromatic (or close to it): Wearing all black or all white can look super chic and effortlessly cool. It’s simple and minimalistic, which is totally trendy and urban. If you’re feeling daring, by all means, pick another, brighter color, but I think that black and white are the most sophisticated and stylish colors to go all out on.
- Make it a look: By adding makeup and accessories, you can take a tee from sleep style to street style. But, it also depends on the occasion. If you’re getting ready for a night in with friends, like I did, let your makeup do the talking and keep your accessories minimal and casual. If you’re prepping for a date or party, be a little more adventurous with your accessories, trading in flats for heels, a huge bag for an adorable clutch, and bohemian string bracelets for some glam cuffs or earrings. But always remember to let only one part of your face take center stage with makeup to avoid looking like a clown!!
- Create a silhouette: Keep your T-shirt from looking boring by tucking it into a pair of pants or a skirt. This will give your body shape and keep your tee from looking like it should be worn with leggings.
- Knot or tie it: Add a playful and chic look to your favorite tee by knotting or tying it in the front to create a shorter shirt over a pair of high-waisted jeans or a skirt! You can even throw it over your fave dress to instantly create a skirt!!
- Layer it: Who says you have let the tee stay as is? Throw it over a button down shirt to create a preppy collared look, or wear it under a vest for an edgier look. Pair it with a blazer to make it look more professional and sophisticated!!
Now I’d like your feedback! I hope this post gave to a little bit of a peek into my life and gave you some ideas about how you can rock a tee! What did you think of my outfit and my tips? Do you have any ideas about how you’d execute an outfit like this? Would you like to see more posts like this in the future? Talk to me in the comments below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also follow my brand new Facebook page, Tantalizingly Tasteful! Don’t forget to follow my Tumblr, tantalizingly-tasteful.tumblr.com, my Pinterest @TTasteful, my Lookbook account, http://lookbook.nu/tonirose08 and my Instagram, @tantalizinglytasteful! Love you guys xx